When it comes time to select a decorator, third party compliance testing is of utmost importance. Whether you are working directly with a big box store like Walmart or a growing organization concerned with their business, there isn't much worse then being involved in bad/illegal business practices.
Third party audits allow organizations to come in and investigate the following areas(among others):
- Child labor
- Forced labor
- Work hours and OT
- Health & Safety
Why does this matter to you?
When decorators have no accountability, bad practices can run rampant. Without even realizing it you can be involving yourself and your customer in a great deal of trouble.
Decorators who are not audited may bring problems to your door in the form of
- Illegal workers and/or illegal pay structures
- Safety issues that may result in illness, serious injury, death
- Serious environmental violations
- Subcontracting of work to unknown third parties
- CPSIA violations
- Phthalates based inks being used in children's apparel